[Snort-users] Where to install Snort

Burleson, Lee (IA) Lee.Burleson at ...1358...
Fri Mar 16 10:51:07 EST 2001

Greets to all.

This subject tips me off to a question that I've been wanting to ask for a
while:
I will be bringing up a firewall soon at one of my network borders, and will
likely put my existing Snort box behind it.  I have had thoughts about
putting up a separate box outside the firewall as well.  I can see being
able to compare logs and so forth to provide more meaningful information by
way of differential analysis.  I suppose the external IDS logs will be of
less use if the firewall provides useful-enough reporting (Gauntlet) though.

Any thoughts on this?

The 'no copy of Stick to the Snort community' issue sure steams me...

- Lee