[Snort-users] Snort dying...

Charlie Hand,,, charlieh at ...155...
Wed Mar 14 20:39:30 EST 2001

I'm getting the same kind of Dr. Watson message
(only different address). I'm running snort 1.7
under vmware in an NT 2000 guest.

We found that turning off the defrag preprocessor
eliminated the errors. Try that, please, and
report back.

Also, we have alot of "large UDP" packets on the
network (somebody listening to real audio perhaps).
Naturally, when the defrag preprocessor is turned
off, those "large UDP" hits go away, too.

-Charlie