[Snort-users] broken snortsnarf-links

Juergen Schmidt ju at ...863...
Thu Mar 15 14:37:33 EST 2001

Hello,

does anybody know, why the new snort rules break the linking mechanisms
of snortsnarf.
I know that the IDSxxx numbers are missing, what I donot understand is,
why this was changed.
I suppose this was done with a purpose, but I really loved this feature
of snortsnarf.

Do you know of any replacements with similar functionality or plans to
enable something similar?
A reference tag to bugtraq isn't enough to construct a link, explaining
the triggering snort rule, is it ?

Or do you all know the 1000 snort rules by heart ? ;-)

bye, ju

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorferstr. 7, D-30625 Hannover