[Snort-users] Running Snort as a service

agetchel at ...1525... agetchel at ...1525...
Thu Mar 15 11:57:22 EST 2001

Hi Michael,
	FWIW, I setup Snort last night on my Win2k Pro laptop to run as a
service, followed the instructions in the FAQ to the letter, and it worked
perfectly.  I had a problem with the context the service was running in
because I was writing the logs to an EFS encrypted directory, but that's
just my own bone-headed mistake... which was resolved by running it under a
user who had access too the crypto keys.

Thanks,
Abe

Abe L. Getchell - Security Engineer
Division of System Support Services