[Snort-users] RE: OT: Good pcmcia cards?

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Thu Mar 15 10:44:08 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 agetchel at ...1525... wrote:

> 	I've used the Xircom PCMCIA RealPort NICs.  They seem to work well
> under NT/2000.

A tiny bit of an oddity with those cards...  (Or the OpenBSD driver...)

I've got a pair of identical laptops running both OpenBSD 2.8 (stable) and
Linux (RH7.0).  Using these Xircom CEM56 cards on both.  Linux sees and
handles it just fine--100mb Full Duplex according to the switch.  OBSD can't
auto-init the card, so I have to manually specify the params of 100mb Full
Duplex--But the switch shows it at 100mb HalfDuplex.  OBSD Laptop shows the
card up at 100mb Full.

And now the other odd thing...  Using the same card with Win98 and NT4.0.  100
mb FDX....

And now back to your snorting, currently in progress.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net