[Snort-users] Running Snort as a service

Ian Campbell ianc at ...1500...
Wed Mar 14 16:58:00 EST 2001

Hi All,

Someone wrote a day or two ago that they were having trouble getting Snort
to run as a service using the SRVANY.EXE NT reskit tool. I too was having
terrible difficulties getting this to work even though I scrupulously
followed the docs that came with it (those in the win32_faq.txt file are
incorrect).

The thing that finally worked for me was to supply a working directory for
it by adding the extra value AppDirectory as mentioned at the end...

Ian