FW: [Snort-users] New rule file format and lost path info

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Wed Mar 14 15:05:58 EST 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 02:10:06PM -0500, Ginnetty, James wrote:
> And while we're talking about it..... I've seen the same behavior with
> processing snort rules within snortsnarf. It seems to want an explicit path
> on the include statement or have everything in the default directory.

All right, since there are so many people wanting this change I think it makes sense to switch to
such behaviour:

1. if file isn't given with full path in snort rules file, the path of snort.conf ('./' if no path was given in command line)
will be used.
2. if file is given with the full path name (i.g. starts with '/' character), this full path will be used.

hope it helps. (I am commiting cvs fixes shortly).

-F