[Snort-users] New rule file format and lost path info

Burleson, Lee (IA) Lee.Burleson at ...1358...
Wed Mar 14 13:48:58 EST 2001

Steve -

Since you have opened up this subject...
Even on Win2k there is that problem.

Given:
* The subfolder ...\snort\rules contains snort.conf and *.rules
* -c ...\snort\rules\snort.conf  is used at runtime

I found that the working directory must be ...\snort\rules or Snort errors
out with "ERROR: Unable to open rules file: "...

I think the default behavior should be that it looks for included rules in
the same directory that snort.conf is in.

- Lee