[Snort-users] new rules, any db changes?

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... Kevin.Brown at ...1022...
Tue Mar 13 12:47:18 EST 2001

I just downloaded the latest CVS version of snort from sourceforge and was
looking at the rules.  I noticed that the rules no longer have the IDS number
as part of the message field.  So I went looking through the spo_database.c
file to see if there were any comments regarding a change in the db format.  I
didn't see any that I could identify.  Is the new rules format going to affect
the current db schema?