[Snort-users] SnortDog (feedback wanted :))

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Mon Mar 12 16:25:08 EST 2001

Hey folks,
    Finally managed to stick some pieces together and get more or less
 functional snortdog piece, (which probably will be a part of snortnet as
 well). Currently the piece is coded in such way so it could be easily reused
 (I hope) on snort2.x (cut-n-paste) so not much functionality is added  yet. :)

  Generally speaking what it does now is starting and restarting and 'watching'
 snort according to the configuration file, remote management features are
 being coded up too :)) (not much yet there). Another thing which I think might
 be interesting is concurent 2 or more snort daemons monitoring (on different
 interfaces f.e.). If such functionality is desired, how would you like it to
 appear in config file?

 Anyway any thoughts relevant to the topic would be interesting to hear. :) (some
 documentation is in tarball as well, althrough in case of confusion reading source
 would be recommended :))

 I uploaded a snapshot at http://snort.sourceforge.net/snortnet-1.0-prealpha0.tar.gz

 Any feedback would be appreciated mucho.. :)

 cheers
 -Fyodor