[Snort-users] Re: Getting snort data into a database

SHAIFUL HASHIM s.hashim at ...770...
Mon Mar 12 10:57:04 EST 2001

Hi,

You can try packet2sql at http://sourceforge.net/projects/packet2sql and
customise it for snort.  At the moment it is for ipchains log only.

regards
Shaiful

"Paul Asadoorian" <paul.com at ...530...> wrote:

Hello all,

Is there a way to take snort logs that have already been written to disk in
text format (portscan, alerts, and packet logs) and dump them into a database
for analyzing with acid?  I know you can do it easily if they are in tcpdump
binary format but I have never done when they are in text format.

Thanks,

Paul