[Snort-users] Getting snort data into a database

John Kiehnle john at ...1477...
Sun Mar 11 18:16:42 EST 2001

MySQL accepts ascii text. I use a program called phpMyAdmin written by Tobias
Ratschiller. It is a nice php frontend to MySQL. You can select how the ascii
is formatted when you dump it into the db. ie; end of line or special
characters.
It has been very handy for several projects here so far... The best has been a
real quick conversion from Microsoft products into a MySQL db. <grin>

You can find phpMyAdmin at http://www.phpwizard.com

John

--
John Kiehnle

--- CHAOS -Where Great Dreams Begin ---

Befor a great vision can become reality there may be difficulty. Befor a person
begins a great endeavor, they may encounter chaos.

As a new plant breaks the ground with great difficulty, foreshadowing the huge
tree, so must we sometimes push against difficulty in bringing forth our
dreams.

"Out of Chaos, Brilliant Stars are Born."

I-Ching Hexagram #3