[Snort-users] Postgres Logging issue

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... Kevin.Brown at ...1022...
Fri Mar 9 01:08:03 EST 2001

I am running a single sensor with postgres on a remote server for snort.  I
have noticed that I can do /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart and snort won't
hang.  I can't say if it will hang if the server is reset as the server has
never been reset while snort was running.  The only thing that really seemed
to hang on the sensor was the NIC would go offline and would stop receiving
packets, requiring the sensor to be rebooted.