[Snort-users] Postgres Logging issue

Hughes, Tim tim.hughes at ...1513...
Thu Mar 8 18:11:05 EST 2001

I am currently developing a Snort platform using Postgres as the backend
database.  This is currently in a development stage (pre-deployment).  I am
finding that when I have restarted Postgres (either through a reboot or
restarting the service) that Snort fails to restart a connection to the
database.  I am running with 3 sensors connecting to the database, and I am
looking to avoid having to have to restart snort on all of the boxes when
postgres dies or gets restarted.  Has anyone else run into this problem or
know of a solution?

Tim Hughes
Network Engineer
MCurve, Inc.