[Snort-users] Re: Statefull inspection on IDS - Stick

admin at ...1507... admin at ...1507...
Thu Mar 8 11:24:41 EST 2001

> I will be trying to release the code to IDS vendors over the next couple of
> months in order for them to make changes they see fit.

I hope he considers Marty an "IDS vendor", as it would be pretty rude to make a tool based on the "Snort rule set" available to commercial-closed-source-vendors prior to the Snort community. Of course this could just be a nod to the fact that it will take months for the Big $ IDS folks to come up with a workaround and Marty will have it commited to CVS the next day.....

just my 0.02USD - grund