[Snort-users] Snort 1.7 and SPADE crash

Gregor Binder gbinder at ...462...
Thu Mar 8 08:06:06 EST 2001

Ralf Hildebrandt on Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 01:11:25PM +0100:

Ralf,

> I've been trying that combination for 2 days now on HP-UX 10.20, and snort
> crashes about once per day. For now, I only have a shitty coredump which
> doesn't provide much data since snort was not compiled using -g, but alas:

I'm assuming this only happens when logging alerts to syslog? I've
personally never tried this setup on HP-UX, because I have a tendency to
put the HP-UX syslogd into the same category as you put the corefile :)

Has your OS been patch current when you built snort on it?

Regards,
  Gregor.

--
Gregor Binder  <gregor.binder at ...462...>  http://sysfive.com/~gbinder/
sysfive.com GmbH               UNIX. Networking. Security. Applications.