[Snort-users] Logcheck and Snort

C. Bensend benny at ...779...
Tue Mar 6 21:50:33 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Bob Staaf wrote:

>      Is anyone out there using Logcheck with Snort?  I know there are far
> more robust ways to monitor Snort logs but for now that is not an option.  I
> will be looking at this tonight to see if I can find a solution but want to
> avoid reinventing the wheel if someone else has already dealt with this.

Hello Bob & gang,

	I use _part_ of Logcheck with snort...  I configured
my systems to use logtail (one of the pieces of Logcheck) to
watch my Snort alert file, and mail anything new to me.  It
works very well, and doesn't spam me with all the stuff that
Logcheck does (even tight configurations seem to produce
pretty verbose output).

Benny

Windows has detected that a gnat has farted near your computer.
Press any key to reboot.

                        -- Simon Oke, on a.s.r