[Snort-users] (no subject)

Steve Hutchins Steve.Hutchins at ...277...
Mon Mar 5 21:40:22 EST 2001

Just a little check list that might help:

1) Check your syslog for errors from snort wrt d/b connectivity
2) Your snort command line may override the d/b plugin line in the config
file
3) Check the mysql log file for connection attempts

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kiehnle [mailto:john at ...1477...]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 March 2001 4:05
To: Snort-users
Subject: [Snort-users] (no subject)

Ok... one more thing to help narrow the focus.

I can connect to the db from the console with;

mysql -h localhost -u piggy -p snort_log

after I supply the correct password.

This leads me to believe I still have some unresolved issue in snort.conf.

Thanks again for any help.

--
John Kiehnle

		  --- CHAOS -Where Great --- Dreams Begin

Befor a great vision can become reality there may be difficulty. Befor a
person
begins a great endeavor, they may encounter chaos.

As a new plant breaks the ground with great difficulty, foreshadowing the
huge
tree, so must we sometimes push against difficulty in bringing forth our
dreams.

"Out of Chaos, Brilliant Stars are Born."

I-Ching Hexagram #3