[Snort-users] logging to MySQL

John Kiehnle john at ...1477...
Mon Mar 5 21:15:44 EST 2001

Ok... I'm pulling out some hair now !

1) MySQL is humming along as usual with a new db called snort_log

2) db structure built fine from ./contrib/create_mysql

3) ACID modified the database structure by adding acid_ag & acid_ag_alert
tables with no problem the first time I fired things off.

4) user piggy has INSERT and SELECT  "Y" on snort_log.*

5) /etc/snort/snort.conf uses the following output plugin;

output database: log, mysql, user=piggy password=xyz  dbname=snort_log
host=localhost

6) I fire a test off with;

snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -s -A full

I get nice logging to syslog but no logging to the mysql db. any ideas are
welcome.

John Kiehnle

		  --- CHAOS - Where Great Dreams Begin ---

Befor a great vision can become reality there may be difficulty. Befor a person
begins a great endeavor, they may encounter chaos.

As a new plant breaks the ground with great difficulty, foreshadowing the huge
tree, so must we sometimes push against difficulty in bringing forth our
dreams.

"Out of Caos, Brilliant Stars are Born."

I-Ching Hexagram #3