[Snort-users] logging to MySQL
john at ...1477...
Mon Mar 5 21:15:44 EST 2001
Ok... I'm pulling out some hair now !
1) MySQL is humming along as usual with a new db called snort_log
2) db structure built fine from ./contrib/create_mysql
3) ACID modified the database structure by adding acid_ag & acid_ag_alert
tables with no problem the first time I fired things off.
4) user piggy has INSERT and SELECT "Y" on snort_log.*
5) /etc/snort/snort.conf uses the following output plugin;
output database: log, mysql, user=piggy password=xyz dbname=snort_log
6) I fire a test off with;
snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -s -A full
I get nice logging to syslog but no logging to the mysql db. any ideas are
--- CHAOS - Where Great Dreams Begin ---
Befor a great vision can become reality there may be difficulty. Befor a person
begins a great endeavor, they may encounter chaos.
As a new plant breaks the ground with great difficulty, foreshadowing the huge
tree, so must we sometimes push against difficulty in bringing forth our
"Out of Caos, Brilliant Stars are Born."
I-Ching Hexagram #3
More information about the Snort-users