[Snort-users] Postgres question

shawn . moyer shawn at ...1184...
Mon Mar 5 18:12:25 EST 2001

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... wrote:

> I tried something like that in the postgresql init file that came with the
> rpm's and it just chokes when I try to start postgres (or restart since it's
> running).  The following is the line I tried to modify and doing so cause it
> to not start up:
>
> su -l postgres -c '/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster start
> -o "-o -F" >/dev/null 2>&1' < /dev/null

Hrmm... May be something with how your particular shell handles
double-quotes. Works fine on *BSD. :)

I'd try that same syntax pasted into a commandline and see what the
error is. RedHat inits are funky. Actually, for giggles you might even
backup your init and replace it with the one I mailed and see if it
works.

--shawn