[Snort-users] Postgres question

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... Kevin.Brown at ...1022...
Mon Mar 5 15:15:37 EST 2001

I setup postgres today for snort to log to and got it working, then found an
email in the archive regarding getting postgres to faster (e.g. closer to
mysql's speed), but I'm not quite certain how to do it.  The email says "The
optimization to do is to add -o "-o -F" to the pg_ctl start line to disable an
fsync between each db call".  I tried adding the switch -o -F to the init
script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql and it wouldn't start up.