[Snort-users] Redhat6.2 initialization script

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...821...
Sun Mar 4 08:07:07 EST 2001

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 01:35:06PM +0100, Sten (s10) at Home wrote:
> Shoooooooooooooot I forgot the following:
>
> Also make directory
>  /chroot/snort/etc
> and
>  cp /etc/resolv.fonf /chroot/snort/etc
> Otherwise snort will not start.

My snort 1.7 works without that when running chrooted. What is snort trying
to resolve?? Or does it only work on a box that is running a nameserver
itself that way?

--
ralf.hildebrandt at ...821...
System Engineer                                            innominate AG