[Snort-users] snort startup problem

Milo Velimirovic milov at ...1467...
Fri Mar 2 12:48:03 EST 2001

Hi,

I've built and installed Snort (with a few bumps in the road... thanks to
SiliconDefense for a quick response!) on Mac OS X server 1.2 and
now i get this:

root# snort -dvi en0

        --== Initializing Snort ==--

Initializing Network Interface en0
ioctl(SIOCGIFMTU): Invalid argument
ERROR: Can not get MTU of an interface en0!

root#

What's next? (I have a hard time believing that the ioctl(fd, SIOCGIFMTU,&ifr)
code in snort.c is wrong and an equally hard time believing that Apple
has fsck'd the API's to the network....

TIA,
Milo

Lists: please cc: me in your e-mail as I get the list as a digest.
---
Milo Velimirovic       <Milo.Velimirovic at ...1467...>
Unix Computer Network Administrator  (608) 785-6618
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601 USA   43 48 05 N 91 14 22 W