[Snort-users] Hardware suggestions

shawn . moyer shawn at ...1184...
Fri Mar 2 01:25:46 EST 2001

Martin Roesch wrote:

> Um, yeah.....
> Well, I wouldn't exactly call that a "solution", more like a kludge.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :)

> TopLayers are frequently used by NIDS vendors to take their solutions
> beyond 100Mbps with varying results.  Does anyone know if RS can
> actually handle 100Mbps on a single sensor yet?  Last I heard they still
> weren't in the ball park.

ISS sales guy answer: "You betcha!" Me answer: On the Nokia's or an
E450, you can prolly do 80-ish. But for 25K or more for a setup like
that, well... Snort, anyone?

On NT, their favorite platform? Fuggedaboutit.

--shawn

--
s h a w n   m o y e r
shawn at ...1184...

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

					-- Churchill