[Snort-users] Hardware suggestions

Mann, Kamal (CCI-Las Vegas) Kamal.Mann at ...1453...
Thu Mar 1 20:04:04 EST 2001

I have a rather silly question.  I need to monitor a rather busy network
segment, average traffic levels in the 200-230meg range.  Currently the
Intel machine I have monitoring this segment is missing packets extremely
badly.  Does anybody have any ideas on what hardware & os platform might be
able to monitor this level of activity?  The major requirement is that it be
able to support a gig-e interface.  Thanks.

Kamal