[Snort-users] MySQL Help Needed w Snort

Jed Pickel jed at ...153...
Thu Mar 1 00:27:56 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 11:43:39PM -0500, ryan wrote:
> When I load snort.conf with snort -Afull -c snort.conf I notice this
> line
> WARNING: command line overrides rules file alert plugin!
> Other than that it seems fine, if I run a mysqladmin proceslist -p I
> only confirm my query process but no sessions for snort's user.

Try without the "-Afull" part of the command line. Specifying an
output option on the command line overrides output plugins in the
configuration file.

> Lastly I don't know if anyone else had this problem but you have to
> modify snort's configure/makes considerably to understand how to link
> its client out files to the mysql lib. It especially sucks for some of
> our basic users who use Nusphere installs(mysql,perl,php,ssl,webmin,..)

Can you explain the problem in more detail? Did you use the options in
the configure script "--with-mysql=DIR"? Curious, what is it about the
Nusphere installs that "especially sucks"?

* Jed