[Snort-users] need some advice on redhat webserver use

Chris Mason masonc at ...2212...
Sat Jun 30 15:45:54 EDT 2001

I have snort installed from the rpm on my redhat 2.4 webserver, which is
co-located at a datacenter. I don't know much about Snort and would welcome
any advice on setting it up to alert me about any intrusion attempts,
portscans, etc.

Chris Mason
masonc at ...2212...
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463
Take a virtual tour of the island
http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
Find your perfect rental villa www.mycaribbean.com
Talk to me in real time with Instant Messenger: masonc92 at ...125...
or ICQ 118159388
Signature F331 8AD1 36FB B3B0 DF9F  D95B 8024 D1EA 7450 D50C