[Snort-users] snort + daemontools + chroot + remote mysql

Ilmarinen ambush at ...2407...
Wed Jun 27 19:15:23 EDT 2001

Hi!

I am following the directions given in the daemontools/snort paper.
The run script specifies some flags that are beyond my needs; I've shortened
it to:

#!/bin/sh
./bin/snort -c snort.conf -g snort -u snort -t /usr/snort

Now, snort.conf has in it a remote database output line:

output database: log, mysql, dbname=snort user=snort host=gah password=

Without the -t in the run script everything runs fine. but if i put the
-t in there it seems to ignore the output database and errors out,
saying it can't find the right log directory (/usr/snort/var/log/snort or
something).

Why is this happening? Is it possible to run chrooted AND log to a
remote database?

Thanks
Ben

--