[Snort-users] -o and pass/alert/log usage

Joe Fico Fico at ...2391...
Wed Jun 27 19:05:13 EDT 2001

Well I changed my rules to look like this.

#pass icmp 172.16.100.9/32 any <- any any (msg:"PASSING ICMP from N.A. NOC
Server";)
alert icmp 172.16.100.9/32 any <- any any (msg:" ALERTING ICMP FROM N.A. NOC
Server";)

and I got this message.

Jun 27 15:54:52 localhost snort[5629]: ALERTING ICMP FROM N.A. NOC Server:
172.16.100.9 -> 198.182.113.130

so thats cool now I can uncomment out the pass rule and I get...

nothing.

Why don't I get a message for the pass rule?