[Snort-users] Snort Install Doc

Jason Lewis jlewis at ...1831...
Wed Jun 27 10:13:22 EDT 2001

RE: [Snort-users] Snort Install DocMySQL connections aren't secure. If the
database goes down, you have know way of knowing if data made it into the DB
or not.   I can't imagine using the MySQL client across insecure networks.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Jones, Benny
  Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 7:22 AM
  To: 'jlewis at ...1831...'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort Install Doc

  Rather than pulling snort logs hourly and using a remote
  system for storing them in ACID, did you consider using
  a MySQL client on each sensor to store the alerts in
  real-time?

  Benny

  Ok, I have been working on this install doc and figured it was time for
  someone else to check it out.  This is version 0.5 and I still have work
  do, so keep that in mind.  Parts of the design are broken, you have been
  warned.

  http://www.packetnexus.com/docs/packetnexus/Snorting_the_Enterprise.pdf

  Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

  Jason Lewis
  http://www.packetnexus.com
  It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
  The people at the other end of the link know less
  about security than you do. And that's scary.

  Snort-users list archive: