[Snort-users] testing snort

Johnson, David DJohnson at ...2087...
Wed Jun 27 08:19:46 EDT 2001

like you are using the standard version...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Bigley [mailto:longacre10 at ...131...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 3:55 PM
To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] testing snort

I'm trying to install snort v1.7 on a freshly
installed Windows 2000 server.  I am using the "Snort
on Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000 Using MySQL and Acid"
guidelines.  I am at the part where I am testing snort
using the following command "Snort -c
C:\Snort\Bin\Snort.conf -l C:\Snort\Logs -i1"

Everythign seems to work fine but the last line and it
gives the following error:
database: mysql support is not compiled in this copy

 Check your configuration file to be sure you did not
mis-spell "mysql". If you did not, you will need to
reconfigure and recompile ensuring that you have set
the correct options to the configure script. Type
 "./configure --help" to see options for the configure
script.

Can you help me out?