[Snort-users] Snort Install Doc

Jones, Benny Ben at ...32...
Wed Jun 27 07:21:35 EDT 2001

Rather than pulling snort logs hourly and using a remote
system for storing them in ACID, did you consider using
a MySQL client on each sensor to store the alerts in
real-time?

Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Lewis [mailto:jlewis at ...1831...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 1:49 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Install Doc

Ok, I have been working on this install doc and figured it was time for
someone else to check it out.  This is version 0.5 and I still have work to
do, so keep that in mind.  Parts of the design are broken, you have been
warned.

http://www.packetnexus.com/docs/packetnexus/Snorting_the_Enterprise.pdf

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.

Snort-users list archive: