[Snort-users] Logsnorter and Postgres

Shane Machon shane at ...2397...
Tue Jun 26 20:01:43 EDT 2001

Greetings,

I realise this is not an actuall snort related question, but I have been
able to find any other resources on the internet for logsnorter.

Has anyone had success with the logsnorter script and getting it to talk
to a postgres db? The script files explains that it may already be
possible, however when I try to set the $dbtype to Pg it results in an
error claiming that it doesnt know of the Pg DBI (Which is
installed/working).

Is there something missing, or doesn't logsnorter work with Postgres at
this time (if this is the case, any ideas when support will be
available?)

I am running snort 1.7 with postgres support (v7) with logsnort v0.1 on
a Debian 2.2 Box with Perl Postgres modules installed.

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,
Shane.

Shane Machon                    Network Administrator
                                Technical Project Manager

Two Purple Plums Pty Ltd.       Ph: (02) 9970-5242
Upper Level 3 Gondola Road      Fax: (02) 9970-8262
North Narrabeen, NSW, 2101      Email: shane at ...2397...
http://www.twoplums.com.au

Two Purple Plums - Website Developers