[Snort-users] testing snort

Jeff Bigley longacre10 at ...131...
Tue Jun 26 15:55:14 EDT 2001

I'm trying to install snort v1.7 on a freshly
installed Windows 2000 server.  I am using the "Snort
on Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000 Using MySQL and Acid"
guidelines.  I am at the part where I am testing snort
using the following command "Snort -c
C:\Snort\Bin\Snort.conf -l C:\Snort\Logs -i1"

Everythign seems to work fine but the last line and it
gives the following error:
database: mysql support is not compiled in this copy

 Check your configuration file to be sure you did not
mis-spell "mysql". If you did not, you will need to
reconfigure and recompile ensuring that you have set
the correct options to the configure script. Type
 "./configure --help" to see options for the configure
script.

Can you help me out?