[Snort-users] Alert on more than 1 rule?

Olivier Grumelard olivier.grumelard at ...1463...
Mon Jun 25 14:45:55 EDT 2001

Hi,

As far as I know (and have observed), Snort will only trigger the first
matching rule. This, of course, does not hold true if the rules are not of
the same type, the priority order being (from highest to lowest) activate,
dynamic, alert, pass and log.

Hope that helps,

Olivier Grumelard.