[Snort-users] Snort 1.7 dies on OpenBSD 2.9 after some time.

Johan Simon Seland johans at ...2344...
Fri Jun 22 05:39:27 EDT 2001

Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...821...> writes:

> > Since 1.7 is horribly unstable, I will try to compile from cvs. But I
> > don't like using cvs code on a production system.
>
> Come on. It IS MORE STABLE. I can't use 1.7 (without supervise, that
> is), since it crashes every hour. Thus I use 1.8.
>
> > Anyone knows when 1.8 will be released?
> > How stable is the current cvs tree?
>
> Stable, IMHO.

Well, it appears to be a memory leak. The resident size is growing at
about 1 MB/min on my system now.

This happens on todays cvs checkout, and I've tried building both with
and without the -g debug flag.

--
Jos^2e