[Snort-users] Are you using Spade?

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Wed Jun 20 20:22:41 EDT 2001

Dear Spade users,

As you may or may not know, the development of Spade (the anomalous
packet sensor included in Snort as a preprocessor plugin) was done
under funding from US DARPA.  Well, next week Silicon Defense is
meeting with our program manager at DARPA to show how we've done good
work.  One way we can show this is by demonstrating that Spade is in
widespread use.  But to do this, I need its users help.  So...

+ In what organization do you use Spade?
+ What type of organization is this?
+ How do you use Spade?
+ What are its strengths?
+ What are its weaknesses?
+ Other comments:

If you could take a couple minutes to answer any or all of these
questions, it would be great and we would appreciate it.  This will
help us improve our standing with our sponsors, especially with
respect to this project.  This should help us secure more funding
that will enable us to do more good work in the future.

Please reply just to me (hoagland at ...155...), not to list.

Thank you,

   Jim

P.s. If you are using Spade in the US military or government, I
especially encourage you to respond.  This is especially valuable
tech transfer from DARPA's perspective.

|*              http://www.silicondefense.com/              *|
|*      Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort       *|
|*  Voice: (530) 756-7317              Fax: (530) 756-7297  *|