[Snort-users] How to install snort on Windows 2000?

Wai-Kit Ho kit at ...2351...
Wed Jun 20 20:00:28 EDT 2001

Thanks. But, should I just run the snort.exe after I extract the .zip
file?
In the document, it mentioned to install Snort into C:\Snort\Bin folder.
What parameters should I give when I run the snort.exe? Or, I should put
all extracted files to C:\Snort\Bin?

Kit

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe McAlerney [mailto:joey at ...47...]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 2:02 AM
To: Wai-Kit Ho
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] How to install snort on Windows 2000?

No, you can use a binary package.  I would suggest using the standard
distribution.

http://download.datanerds.net/binaries/snort-1.7-win32-static.zip

Follow the directions that pertain to Snort in the document "Snort on
Win2k", and you should be up and running in no time.

-Joe M.

--
|   Joe McAlerney     joey at ...155...   |
| Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort |