[Snort-users] Starting snort against multiple interfaces?

Kiira Triea kiira-t at ...2241...
Tue Jun 19 12:30:45 EDT 2001

Ok, it's my day for goofy questions I guess. I have recompiled
snort using Sebastian Krahmer's patched libpcap, I am using a
2.2.16 kernel and all went well with the build. If I understand
the docs I've found on this I should be able to start snort like:
'./snort -D -i any -c snort.conf' and have it read from all nics?

Instead I get

Initializing Network Interface any
ioctl(SIOCGIFMTU): No such device
ERROR: Can not get MTU of an interface any!

????

I would like one machine to be able to monitor both the DMZ subnet
and the internal net (I have script kiddies *working* in my dept.)

vilpitomasti,

Kiira