[Snort-users] performance snort question

Roeland Weve roeland at ...1415...
Tue Jun 19 08:55:27 EDT 2001

/Esben,

Sorry I wasn't clear:
I think that logging into a txt file is faster
then logging into a MySQL/Postgres database.

But then, when the database increases and you want to do a big
search/delete
in the MySQL/Postgres database, this takes a lot of system performance.
Then (I don't now how Snort handles this) it could be possible that
Snort droppes some packets, or MySQL 'crashes' and Snort can't log into
MySQL anymore...

That's what I wanted to tell.
I hope it's clear now, just mail me if it isn't.

Roeland

--
Netland Internet Services
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl   Kruislaan 419              1098 VA Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282       servicedesk: 020-5628280   fax: 020-5628281