[Snort-users] performance snort question

Esben Haabendal Soerensen esben at ...2316...
Tue Jun 19 03:44:42 EDT 2001

I haven't seen an answer to Roeland's questions so far.  I am
currently considering building a snort box wich should be able to
withstand a saturated 100mbps in worst-case, and have been unable to
find even the slightest hint on what hardware requirement would be
needed to do that.

Is snort hardware requirements 100% black magic, or is it possible to
say something about hardware requirements beforehand ?  I know that it
will be relative to the number of rules you apply, but I hope it is
possible to say something about a "general" setup (although such a
setup might not exist).

/Esben