[Snort-users] Newbie Questions

Tim Parker hostmaster at ...2310...
Mon Jun 18 11:30:02 EDT 2001

I have just started to toy with SNORT and am curious about something. I
haven't found many good newbie instructions for configuring and placing a
"snort server" I have a linux box that I have set up in our office that can
see our web servers, firewall, etc. which is in a remote location connected
by a private T1. I would like for testing to be able to use this to monitor
traffic behind our firewall first. I plan later to add another server
outside the firewall once I get a good grasp on what I am doing and seeing.
Can any provide info, links etc. on how to set this up for testing? thanks.

Tim Parker