[Snort-users] Trouble with home-made rule

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...381...
Sun Jun 17 19:14:11 EDT 2001

Your problem is with the backslash before the quote....
\" is how you escape a quote inside the content string
so it looks like an unterminated string to the parser.

try:

"C:\\"

and remember to add another rule for lowercase:

"c:\\"

the slash in the message string may be a problem too.
I'd double it up just to make sure....

cheers,
--dr