[Snort-users] SnortDB schema vs. Snort XML schema.

Jed Pickel jed at ...153...
Fri Jun 15 17:41:19 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:30:45AM -0500, patrick.n.fitzgerald.1 wrote:
> Are there any plans to make the two data models more similar or at the
> very least more self-consistent soon? I could probably kludge something
> together to make one schema fit inside the other, but if this work is
> already being done elsewhere I would rather not duplicate the effort.

Indeed.. I just committed an update to CVS to address this point. This
involved adding signature id, revision, priority, and classification
attributes to the signature element and a new element to handle output
from the reference plugin.

Roman updated the database schema/plugin to include priority,
signature id, and revision. If you run across any other
inconsistencies, let us know so we can get them fixed for the next
release.

Regards,

* Jed