[Snort-users] -N switch fails?

Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...
Thu Jun 14 15:09:53 EDT 2001

Hello,

Has anyone experienced this? The -N switch on snort doesn't seem to be
working unless there is something else I'm missing.

Just to be sure.. I stopped snort, and restarted it with this script:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/snort -A full -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -h 12.23.56.78/24 -i eth0
-l /var/log/snort -D -N

Yet, the directories for each offending IP address are being created in
/var/log/snort. I am trying to turn this off. Any ideas on what I might be
doing wrong?

Thanks,
Paul