[Snort-users] Request for help

Jim lee S.J.Lee at ...2285...
Thu Jun 14 15:58:35 EDT 2001

Dear Sir / Madam

I am a student from Taiwan and I am currently studying in the final
year of an MSc Integrated Service & Intelligent Network Engineering
degree programme at the University of Plymouth. I am currently
undertaking an MSc project in the area of security, with a project
entitled 'Methods of response to IT system intrusions' and, as part
of this work, I am interested in considering methods of automated
response.

My particular interest is what an intrusion response system could do
to pro-actively deal with suspected intrusions. I would be interested
to know whether this is an aspect that is supported by your product
and, if so, the options that are available. If you do not support
pro-active response methods, do you have any views on the general
feasibility?

I am looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Thank you very much.

Yours faithfully

Jim Lee

Network Research Group