[Snort-users] Assign NO ip addr to interface

Thomas Nilsen Thomas.Nilsen at ...2277...
Thu Jun 14 12:02:25 EDT 2001

I had a quick search but counldn't find any "live" sites with this info. But
I assume one only needs connector 1 & 2 to make a read-only cable??? Can you
confirm this?

Regards, Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: jan at ...1739... [mailto:jan at ...1739...]
Sent: 14. juni 2001 17:09
To: Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)
Cc: snort-users; snort-users; Peter Bates
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Assign NO ip addr to interface

> effect things. Should I leave the IP address on the SNORT
> interface or take
> it off?

Well, assuming you have another interface you can still connect
to ;) ... you can safely leave the interface without an IP
address assigned, which has the sweet sideeffect of being pretty
much invisible. You may also want to build a read-only ethernet
cable. There are several pages describing exactly how to do
that.

Cheers, Jan

--
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin