[Snort-users] Assign NO ip addr to interface

Thomas Nilsen Thomas.Nilsen at ...2277...
Thu Jun 14 08:51:28 EDT 2001

This has probably been asked before a million times, but I cannot find any
complete info in the archives, or elsewhere on the internet...

What is the procedure to setup a linux box (running RedHat 7.1) with two
interfaces, where one is to have no IP address assigned. So far all I've
found is "ifconfig eth? up", but surely there must be something else to be
done.

What about the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth? script?

Does anyone have a complete howto-list on how to do this?

Best Regards,
Thomas Nilsen