[Snort-users] snort, mysql configs

Marc Thompson Marc.Thompson at ...2101...
Wed Jun 13 10:29:58 EDT 2001

Shawn,

You don't need a command-line option.  There is an example
in the snort.conf file commented out.  You should be able to
uncomment it and add in your MySQL server host name, password,
etc.

That's all I did to get it working.

-Marc Thompson

Marc Thompson
IT Site Manager
BOPS, Inc.
7800 Shoal Creek Blvd. Suite 200N
Austin, TX 78757

-----Original Message-----
From: SecLists [mailto:lists at ...2257...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 9:06 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort, mysql configs

Hello all...

I am in the process of setting up snort to log to a mysql database...
eventually, this will be a private network of a few snort boxes logging to
a central database. I compiled snort with mysql support and configured the
snort.conf file to log to a local database to test, but it appears that it
is not logging to the database.
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the command line arguments they give
to snort when logging to a database. I would like to only log alerts to
the database, and I get a warning in the logs that a command line argument
will override the conf file...

can anyone help out?

thanks,
shawn