[Snort-users] snort, mysql configs

SecLists lists at ...2257...
Wed Jun 13 10:06:12 EDT 2001

Hello all...

I am in the process of setting up snort to log to a mysql database...
eventually, this will be a private network of a few snort boxes logging to
a central database. I compiled snort with mysql support and configured the
snort.conf file to log to a local database to test, but it appears that it
is not logging to the database.
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the command line arguments they give
to snort when logging to a database. I would like to only log alerts to
the database, and I get a warning in the logs that a command line argument
will override the conf file...

can anyone help out?

thanks,
shawn